Thursday, August 18, 2011

Out of the blue



on Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Today my Mercy says to me, "mommy what happened to Grandma....Grandpa's grandma" (I knew what she meant)
I said, 'she went to heaven to live with Jesus".
"Why did she do that mommy?"
"Well, her body got tired and broken and she died here and got to go and be with Jesus in heaven" I said...stumbling over a few words here and there.
She thought a minute.
"oh yeah" she said. Now she has a new body and she's all alive in Heaven with Jesus forever."
"Yes baby! That is exactly how it is" said her mommy...through her tears.

I think it is stunning how much they know. We have told her this stuff here and there. But seriously, she is three years old. I don't guess I really really thought she got it. Maybe she doesn't...but I think she does. She used her own words and her own understanding and she has it.
I truly am stunned.

I just thought you would like to share that with me.

1 comment:

  1. "unless you become like little children"

    ReplyDelete