Tuesday, June 07, 2011

pain


bit my lip
and now I'm cryin'

paper cut
I could be dyin'

stubbed my toe
the wails come flyin'

pain
it hurts
a lot

splinter in my pinkie digit
get the needle out to dig it
hurry up you filthy pig it
really hurts a lot

little pinch is what they say
you can look the other way
giving blood is not okay

the pain
it hurts
a lot

burn your tongue on hot cocoa
mouth aflame and full of woe
taste all gone for hours or so

pain
it hurts
a lot

bandaids on the boo boos please
dab the bloody scraped up knees
kisses bring a little ease

pain
it hurts
a lot

do not mock as cries shrill higher
acting like this is not dire
say you never care require
and I'll call you "liar, liar"

pain
it hurts
a lot

come a little closer dear
let me grab that precious ear
say it again so we all can hear

that's right

pain

it hurts

a lot

No comments:

Post a Comment